Friday, September 4, 2009

Jumping with my eyes closed






You know this weekend is one of those days where nothing is wrong with you at all but you are just in a funk and can't seem to shake it off. I had a great day at school, made some progress getting to know my teacher, and even took some pictures to show everyone back home. But it was like when I got back to my place my mood seemed to slip really fast. Dawn and I wanted to do something fun this weekend but not spend too much because we haven't gotten our first paychecks, so we went to dinner right around the corner from our building. It was pretty uncomfortable because we didn't really know what to order and the restaurant wasn't the cleanest which really ruined any appetite I had. After that we had to go up and ask for the check and the whole time we were there she knew we couldn't speak Korean and she told us the price in Korean and we were like uhhh....can you right the check number down like they normally do? So, that dinner wasn't so hot and we tried again to walk around our neighborhood and do some exploring and we discovered that there wasn't much to explore except for some restaurants, markets, and a zillion PC cafes.
That was Friday night. Saturday and Sunday were a lot better, after hours of sulking I got out of my funk and decided to make the best out of things. Dawn and I watched some movies: Remember the Titans (oh I love it so much), Slumdog Millionaire, and I am Legend (which still freaks me out.) and after that we went for a walk/jog around our neighborhood. Wooo that was quite the workout, and you know I'm glad we did because we saw some more cool shops a place that does eyebrow, and some bakeries with some delish cakes on display! Yum! Oh ya, and the best news of all, I got my magic jack to work so friends and family please email, skype, or facebook me to get the number. If you don't know what magic jack is, it is this awesome internet phone gadget you just plug into your computer and you can change your number to whatever area code you want. Mine is a random Michigan number because my mom's friend that had it before is from there. I'm going to look into changing it to a California number but I don't think it really matters no one gets charged for out of state calls anymore. So ya that is my update on my weekend!



1 comment:

  1. you're going to have good days and bad days, but just keep a positive attitude! after you get into the swing of things and learn your surroundings, it will be a lot easier!

    I'm just excited that I see the pic we took at el taco hung up!
    -yaya

    ReplyDelete