Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unfortunate Events Seem So Unavoidable

Tonight I found out from a friend that a sophomore at Spelman College was shot and killed at Clark Atlanta University. Apparently, a fight had broke out by an outside party and the spelman student was killed by the stray bullet. It really makes me so mad that this bs had to happen. When I went to Spelman I always felt that even though our school was in a bad area maybe the community around us would feel inspired by what we were trying to do; enough to make sure that situations such as this would not happen on our campuses where individuals are trying to learn and make better lives for themselves. Unfortunately, I have been far too optimistic about the world we live in. How do you even explain something like this to this girls family? How are students going to feel safe again? And where the HELL was security? This is supposed to be an academic institution my God!

I hope and pray that the students of the AUC take action and speak out against this situation and issues that lead to it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/spelman-student-killed-on-130043.html?cxntlid=brkng_nws_bnr

No comments:

Post a Comment